Online users (0)
No users online.
CO News
Time ta’ git dem sidewinders! Run to the Collector Store, saddle up and ride into sunset with cowboy and steampunk items, whether new hoverboard travel and travel devices or weapons costumes. Topping it off? The Watt Earp sidekick. Let t...
Published Nov 16, 2017
    From now until Thursday,  November 16, 2017 at 8 AM PDT, Champions can enjoy a vehicle-centered event! Start: Thursday, November 9th, 2017 End: Thursday, November 16th, 2017 For this week only, help Jo perfect her engine-maki...
Published Nov 9, 2017
Hello Champions! Are you ready for the November Subscriber Reward? Well, it's here! Make sure you pick up the legendary hammer wielded by Thor in legend this November!      Valkyrie chant your name. The rainbow bridge forms be...
Published Nov 2, 2017
Latest Threads
Top Posters
280 Posts
223 Posts
183 Posts
105 Posts
102 Posts
Birthdays
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (7)
Epelesker Mod
Birthday on Thu 23 Nov, 2017
Birthday on Fri 08 Dec, 2017
alKitab NEWBIE!
Birthday on Sun 17 Dec, 2017
Birthday on Thu 21 Dec, 2017
Main Forum
Page
of 2

October begins our Creative Corner! Details.

17 replies
Masamundane NEWBIE!
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Newbie!
Hey all!

So, beginning in October, we are going to get an open creative group going here at the forums. There's tons to do and prep, but mostly at this point, I want to get the word out to everyone in every Silver Age Sentinels Affiliated Team out there!

The Basics:

The plan is to have monthly prompts, very general in their scope. From the prompt, everyone is invited to create! Be it flash fiction, full stories, poems, art, and full video if you gots the skills, whatever.

The only real rule is it should in some way connect to the Sentinels (or affiliates). The most likely way to do this is through a story or song or art about your own character, but it could be a story of a common nemesis, a recognized location, or (with some implied or expressed consent) a story of another member of the team!

Also, not a rule, but a suggestion. Remember that the Sentinels is all about that good ole' silver age feel, and work accordingly. But really, the sky's the limit!

Why you should get involved:

You should get involved for the kicks, for a penny, for your mother. Whichever really. This isn't a contest, it's just fun and recognition. And I'll be honest, you should get involved because I personally think you have a story in you. We all joined one of these awesome teams because we wanted story and song. We are all RPers here, and even if you don't have confidence in your skills, you are a story teller. Tell your story. Draw your portrait. Recite your poem.

Plus? Stories told about our characters make us more recognizable to each other. No more having to re-introduce, or at least not as much. We can really build a continued tale, maybe even combine stories or carry the ideas into RP.

And remember, we're all friends here. I mean, we're all at least confidants. No one's going to tear your work apart, or criticize or bully. We're going to tell you what we love about it!

This October's Theme:

October's theme is Tales From the Sentinels Crypts. It's when the ghosts and ghouls mingle with the trick or treaters in the streets, when the dead come back to shamble in the roads, when the Quiph leaks yet again into our fine city.

Tell us your story with your favorite medium of a haunted Millenium City. What scare is your character dealing with? What is your most terrifying nemesis up to? How are you to deal with these haunted streets while still trying to get your costume together in time for the party?

The October: Tales from the Sentinels Crypts Creative Corner thread will be created on October 1st, and be open to submissions throughout the month!

And Finally:

We are open to suggestions on how to make this a continual awesome reason to come to the forums! We will post the next theme of each month somewhere around the mid point of the month before, like we've done here for the October Theme. At this point though, any suggestions are open. Feel free to comment on this thread towards new themes, or ideas towards organization, or...well anything really.

Don't post your new stories here though. Again, there will be a new thread in October for the collection of this first run. I'm super excited, and I hope you all are too!

Feel free to spread the word! Lets get everyone in on this, and really get those stories flowing!
Posted Sep 17, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 17, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+199
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Untagged users
Sounds awesome and OUTRAGEOUS!
SHA-BOOM!
Posted Sep 17, 16
List
Undo
Masamundane NEWBIE!
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Newbie!
Thank you Rune for sticking this post to the top!

Also, I forgot to mention, if anyone wants to sign up in this thread, just so we can gauge interest, that'd be awesome!
Posted Sep 17, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Masamundane NEWBIE!
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Newbie!
(bump)

Hey hey!

Just a quick shout to remind everyone that October is nearly upon us! I'll be getting the thread for stories started as close to the 1st as I can. Remember that it's open for the entirety of the month!

Also, I'll be open to ideas of what November's theme can be, and I'll be posting the early notice of that by Oct 15th, so folks can start thinking. November is American Thanksgiving right?
Right?
Maybe something related? I'm open to ideas is all.
Posted Sep 29, 16 · OP
Votes:
+199
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Untagged users
Yep, November is Thanksgiving month for those of us stateside. It's also the end of fall before winter sets in during late December.
So thankful tales....tales of autumn.
SHA-BOOM!
Posted Sep 30, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+114
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Untagged users
I will enter for October's Theme with a lottery of course, please check out The Mysterious Curio Shop of One Adam Westings for the actual lottery run and the winner will be posted to the proper Creative Corner thread when finished. The final image wIll be Tales From the Sentinels Crypts inspired.
Thanks for taking the initiative Masamundane.
AC
Posted Sep 30, 16 · Last edited Sep 30, 16
List
Undo
I'm working on a Liberty Gold story already. Is there going to be a special spot to post this October stuff?
Posted Sep 30, 16
List
Undo
Masamundane NEWBIE!
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Newbie!
The October Creative Corner will have its own thread. I'm going to see if I can get it stickied to the top of Truth or Fiction for the October month!

I'll be opening the thread as close to Oct. 1st as I can. Heck, if I'm still up at just past midnight, I'll do it then, but if not, some time October 1st I'll get it running.

It's going to be awesome!
Posted Sep 30, 16 · OP
Votes:
+199
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Untagged users
Awesome, looking forward to it. Also most generous of you AC. Tales from the Sentinels Crypts lottery!
SHA-BOOM!
Posted Sep 30, 16
Votes:
+199
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Untagged users
Posted a quick Miss Incarnate short story in the Tales from the Sentinels Crypt thread.
SHA-BOOM!
Posted Oct 2, 16
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Spotlight
Gold Falcon is the sixth member to support us, adding time on Aug 25, 2016
Recruiter
Events
Shoutbox
Happy Birthday JD!
can i have discord link please or name?
You're not alone. I've made some grammatical errors myself.
Inn grammar, whee our awl cen urs. (say it aloud. I regret nothing.)
I just realised the amount of grammatical errors I have done on Mel's page...I am now ashamed with myself.
Happy Birthday, Preso/Mariner!
Thank you! Why uh, sure!
Happy B-Day Rune! Let me know if you want a doodle, no deadlines though, lol.
Happy Birthday, Nurse Midnight!
Happy Birthday Masamundane!
NoticeNotices